


I finally made the jump from just making skirts, to making dresses too. I used an easy Simplicity pattern, and after aaaalll the cutting - pattern and fabric, I was ready to go. I made it a size 3, but when it was finished, and I tried it on L, it was WAY too big, more like a muu-muu! (see first photo) So I zipped up the sides, and shortened the hem, and now it fits much better. .(last photo) The neck and sleeves needed a little tightening up too. I added a little flower with ribbons to make it more fun and interesting. Thanks to my good friend and sewing buddy for all her inspiration and encouragement! I will be making more of these in the near future.

2 comments:
Leah! THIS IS SOOOOO adorable! I'm so glad you took the challenge and came out successful! LOVELY! Glad you took it in, too....so perfect! Love the little yellow flower! Cute fabrics! Now we need to get a photo of our girls together in their almost matching dresses!
Gorgeous! First I need to put an order in for a baby girl and then I need to order one of these fine dresses! You are a very talented super mom.
Post a Comment