Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

still here

Sorry I've been so slack in posting things lately. I get on a roll making things, and then it dies down for a while. I'm starting to get on a roll again. I just finished making a crib blanket and matching pillow (for futon) for my friend I made the crib bumper for. And now I'll be starting to make stockpiles of bibs, burp clothes, flannel blankets, and whatever else I may dream up - to sell at a Xmas craft fair! O's school is putting one on Nov. 17th, and I really want to go in it, despite the fact we're going to South America for 2 weeks in October, so it doesn't give me alot of time. Why couldn't it be in December! But I think I can do it. I've been wanting to go into a craft show for some time now, so this will be a good start.

T and I had a wonderful weekend away, ALONE, in Seattle recently. The kiddies stayed home with grammy and grampy and had a great time. (well, L had a bit of trouble at night, missing Mommy, but they got through it!) It was so refreshing, and so needed, to get away, just the 2 of us again. Of course we thought about the kids alot, talked about them, bought things for them, and felt a little guilty - but not for too long :)

O has started Kindergarten and is really liking it. It's alot different than preschool, alot more structured. I couldn't remember what Kindy was like. Another difference this year is that he actually tells me about his day, instead of 'I don't know' or 'I forget'. And this was on the way home from preschool! He usually comes home with a drawing or little work sheet. He's getting really good at drawing, I want to save them all, they're so cute! He draws a bellybutton on all his people. We're all getting used to going every afternoon of the week. I've been so used to being free to do whatever we want for the last 5 years, so this is quite a change, going to school every day at 12:30.

Here are a few random photos:

first day of Kindy
looking a little apprehensive?


new yummy fabric


super delicious lunch at Zao Noodle Bar, at U-Village in Seattle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy looking noodle bar! Do they have wheat free noodles? So glad you and T got to have a wonderful weekend together ALONE! Wish that was R and I! :)) One day! We got Sat. to ourselves this past weekend! YAY! Love the recents pics! Hugs, Laurie~!

Dragonflydownunder said...

love your photos.